Monday, August 8, 2011

Such a long week!

 
We knew we were going to have a long week of crazy schedules, so we took time to go on a bike ride and a picnic to have some family time.   Can I just say how out of shape we are?  Not to mention we went during the hottest part of the day.  Tad loved it though. 

Tad found Fred's cowboy hat and has now claimed it.  I love to hear him ask for his "Cowey Hat". 
 The first few days of the week were spent with Fred working long hours and when he was off he was gone doing some volunteer work for 3 days.  In between all of that I ran a few errands and weeded the garden.  I think we saw each other a total of 3 hours, then I did see him for an hour (helping him pack) before he left for scout camp for the last 3 days of the week. 
Lucky for me, Tad is an incredibly mild kid, but I still don't think I could ever do the single parent thing. 
Tad and I spent a long, hot morning at the zoo.  It was nice to know we didn't have to hurry back and try to catch dad in between schedules.   We saw the Elephant show, the Bird show, and part of the Discovery Show (where they let you pet smaller animals). 

Of course we had to eat out at Wendy's to finish off our "date".   Tad took a good nap, then we went shopping, to a birthday party for K, and Aunt Crystal slept over.   The next morning we found out there was a standoff down the street - that's the closest I'd ever want to be to a SWAT team!  Fred made it home from scout camp on time (I threatened his life).  He was home long enough to shower and head out the door for a cousin's wedding.   (He still hasn't unpacked.) 

He was so sore from his 10 mile hike the day before.   Aunt Crystal was nice enough to watch all 3 young nephews while we were in the temple.  (3, 2, and 1 year old.  She survived!  That is good birth control!) 

The happy couple!
 They had planned it well, we went to the temple, straight to a church for yummy dutch oven dinner, then outside to a bowery for the reception.  There wasn't any sitting around waiting for the next part to start.  My sisters, cousin, and I ran the refreshments so we continued to be on our feet all night. 
Such a long week!  And we still had Tad's birthday the next day....

No comments: