Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why am I posting a picture of goldfish?

Because these are the goldfish that will never die.
When I was little we'd get a 10 cent goldfish from Walmart that would last a day, maybe 2 weeks. These fish are older than mine & Fred's marriage!
My sisters got them for my bridal shower as a joke -- our "first pet". They bought 10. We left them at my parents until we got home from our honeymoon and moved into our house. I think when they finally moved to our house we had 5 left. Gradually they've died, except these 2. They are 7 1/2 YEARS old! (And huge! It's hard to see since they're in a cool whip bowl- I'm cleaning the tank.)
Fred & I both say that they're not moving with us, but I don't know if I can flush them, I kind of want to know how long they'll really live.

2 comments:

Seth & Kirie said...

I can't believe those fish are still alive...I remember you telling me about them going to the corner of the bowl when they wanted breakfast :)

Rachel :) said...

You can't flush them...i have big plans for them. Maybe for them and a certain cat thief...