Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fred's rough day

Fred just can't seem to catch a break. He tries so hard to do everything, but something always seems to go wrong. Yesterday the things seemed to pile up.
Yesterday he went to school - found out he got the high score in Comparative Physiology (148.5 out of 150) --- yes, he's a nerd. A SMART one! :}
Then he was supposed to meet with the dept. head to finalize his graduation paperwork. I heard him pull in early and went out to remind him of his meeting. He'd left a paper at home that he needed for it, resulting in an extra hour of driving. :[ When he got to the meeting the guy wasn't there. He waited for a little bit, when the guy came in he said he couldn't meet with him. First of all it was the dept. head that set the appointment. Second, he said he'd look over the paperwork and give Fred a call---- why wasn't that an option the first time?
Later that night he went to scouts - where he was reminded that he had a Home Teaching appointment right after. On his way home from scouts the breaks on his truck were messed up. He ran a stop sign and luckily the person coming was able to brake. Of course with Fred's luck there was a cop right there. The cop thought he wasn't pulling over with just the lights so he did the siren too. (Way to add to the irritation!)
I feel bad for him and don't know how to help him. I definitely can't help him with school- I hate science! I know I wouldn't be any help with his truck. I can't study for the MCAT for him. I guess I'll just have to bake---- choc chip cookies solve everything right?

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Congrats on the great score!!!
Sorry about the rest of the horrible day! Sorry your brakes went out and that the cop was right there. Glad you didn't get in a wreck, though. Did you get a horrible ticket, too, or was the cop understanding--I doubt it. We love you.