Monday, March 15, 2010

Fred's rough day... continued

Fred called me Saturday while he was out running around to get his car inspected. We got 2 new tires, a front end alignment, a new windshield..... the phone conversation went like this:
"You'll never guess... my car just exploded."
"What?"
"My car exploded and now it won't start."
He'd left my car at the shop where he picked his car up so I didn't even have a car to go get him. Luckily my little sister had nothing better to do than go fetch him.
He ate and left for work- not a very happy camper.

His dad helped him tow it home. They're thinking it's the engine. The car does have over 200,000 miles on it. Do we replace the engine or let it RIP?
On a happier note, we spent Sunday relaxing and made a full turkey dinnner, including pie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That's horrible. I hate having to put money into cars. Our red honda is racking up the miles with Matt commuting to Ogden every day. Good luck fixing it or finding something new.