Sunday, January 31, 2010

"I''m coming to take away your boredom"

Music to my ears on a cold January Saturday.
I'd asked my little sister what she was doing for the day- she had plans, Fred was "Skeeting Shooting" with the Elders Quorum. Tad had screamed because he didn't want to take his naps.
As soon as Fred got home, I escaped to the library for 20 minutes (and found some cute books for Tad & some for me). Later we made a trip to the mall and found a coat for next year for only $13!
I thought I was going to be bored all evening, until my dear sister called and said "Put on your coats, we're going outside. I'm coming to take away your boredom." I have to say I was skeptical of how long she could really entertain me in the snowy yard.
She showed up with Bocce ball. Normally a summer game, very delightful in the snow! It's going to have to become an annual event.
I also have to say (not only because she reads this, but also because it's true).... She definitely takes away my boredom more often than she should have to. :} I have adored having her come spend time with me while Fred works. Just to watch movies, run errands, eat dessert, play games, shop sales, and now our Monday night tv & dinner. I definitely look forward to it each week- so she better not ever move very far away, and when we move, she'll have to come with us, there is no other solution!
Sad that this is the most presentable picture of the 2 of us and it's from 2008!

3 comments:

marcinda said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing the cute pictures you post. Love, Mom

Crystal said...

I was expecting a good picture of our game!
I also appreciate that you let me come play with you and your son. I have to stay Tad's favorite Aunt.

janaebrice said...

We agree with Mom--The kids love to see the pictures and read how things are going.

Have a great week. Hope nothing else bad happens with your family.

Janae and family