Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh, the things we learn in one short week.

Tad learned a lot of things my second week home. Me too- but we'll get to those in a minute.
Tad learned a new tongue trick. He's not quite sticking it out, it looks more like he's rubbing it against his gums feeling for a tooth (none yet).

Tad also learned how to turn upside down in his crib. He also likes to roll over, then wakes up crying because he can't roll back over. (We usually lay him down with his head at the other end.)


He learned how to drink from a sippy cup! He'll see a water bottle and grunt and jump like he wants it, so I figured I'd give him his own.

My favorite thing he learned - although it is kind of gross....


One night on the changing table he just started sucking his toes. :}

(Sorry, no pictures for the things I learned.)
I learned that you shouldn't put the fridge shelf in the sink & try to push the glass out to wash underneath it. It will shatter and clog your disposal. :} But I also learned that Fred is a genius about looking stuff up for cheap- only $23 to replace it!
I learned that it's nice to be home, but still stressful. We finally worked out Fred's schedule to fit in class, labs, work, scouts, and MCAT Prep, we'll soon be adding shadowing another doctor.
I learned how great January sales are for baby clothes! $3 for baby jeans at Target & Kohl's! I think we might make January our annual "stock-up on kid clothes" month. I'm going out later today to find a coat for next year for him.
I also learned that I need to get out more. I was so excited to scrub my bathroom. (It looks great! but I probably need to find some real hobbies huh?)

1 comment:

Seth & Kirie said...

Scouts? Seth just got called to be the Wolf scout leader. Yeah - I had eleven 8-year-old boys at my house on Wednesday. I'm sure you can imagine my excitement :)

I'm glad you like staying home! Tad is so freaking cute. I miss you - and I'm still sad I haven't met Tad yet. BUT I'll be back in JUNE :)