Thursday, January 7, 2010

Aggies or Wildcats?

So, one day Tad said "Ahhh" (Side note: We HATE talking babytalk, adding "s" to the end of everything, etc. Cooing was kind of hard for us at first, but once we realized all it took was saying normal words with different voice inflections we were good.)
I thought it sounded like the beginning of "Aggies" (I'm a little biased) so I often say "A- A-A- Aggies". He grins ear to ear. One day when Fred was in the room I decided it was only fair that I say his school mascot. "Wildcat" I said as monotone as I could. Now it's a little game we play around our house. My sister even bought Fred an Aggie t-shirt--- of course it's too small for Fred, just Tad's size! What are we ever going to do when Fred graduates as a "Wildcat" (that was monotone). :} (The purpose of this story is coming.... hang on.)
I took Tad's 5 month pictures today- he got some adorable jammies from his grandma and I knew I needed to take his pictures in them.





Towards the end (he's a very tolerable little boy) I couldn't get him to smile so I tried the "Aggie" thing. Nothing. I looked at Fred, back at Tad and said "Wildcat". I guess it was worth it because this is the smile I got. Cheater!!!
And a few more just cuz I love how they turned out.





And finally, a picture of Tad with his new buddy. It's the mascot for Virginia Tech (courtesy of Aunt Sunny & Uncle Adam- where they currently attend).

1 comment:

Heidi and Josch said...

he is one handsome little baby! congrats on no more work...well, not at work. now its the fun work at home. lol.