Thursday, February 4, 2010

Church may be hazardous to Tad's health

Naptime always falls during church and Tad won't sleep very long if he's in his carseat or being held. So we plan our Sunday morning carefully. I fed Tad, let him play for awhile, then Fred got him dressed and put him in his carseat to take a nap. He fussed a little, but fell asleep. We headed off to church and sure enough he woke up during Sacrament meeting. Fred tried to rock him back to sleep, but eventually we just took him out. I noticed a big scratch across his neck....
Fred said it wasn't there when he put him in the seat, there's no way I could have scratched him with my ring, and there's nothing sharp in his carseat - it must be his nails! I've been looking at them for a couple of days thinking I should trim them. :{
During Sunday School I had him playing on the floor with some toys. He does pretty good sitting up by himself, but if he reaches for anything or gets distracted he tips over. That's exactly what he did. When I picked him up he had a bloody nose. What a traumatic day!
So, the final hour of church I was betting he wouldn't last, surprisingly, he played on his blanket and flirted with the lady next to me & the guy behind us (it was combined). He finally got tired the last 5 minutes. For once it was me that was done & ready to go, not him. That last hour was the best he's ever been during church - after such a rough start to the day!
Any ideas how to get him to take his nap at church?

No comments: