Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's not my birthday

Nope, it's not. I turned 28 about 2 1/2 months ago. Officially, it was the day I was born, but for some reason whenever Fred has a birthday I automatically assume his same age- what a gyp!
After stressing whether Fred would get the day off to spend with me... he was able to- yippeee!
He went to classes in the morning. Then we caught the early show (it's $2 cheaper before noon) of When in Rome. Fred was the only guy in the theatre. The show was pretty good- I'd recommend it.
Then off to lunch & to play skeeball & airhockey (yes that's what I did last year too, there's not much to do for cheap around here, and it's something we don't do very often). After we picked up Tad from my parents' house (Thanks for tending on short notice) it was present time. I begged Fred not to make me wait until 10pm like usual. :}
He did awesome! A new computer program for editing my pictures and a CD changer sound system so I don't have to just listen to Tad's music all the time. He made me a pasta dinner & we just chilled at home for the evening. We also tried a new flavor of cake - Butter Pecan w/ caramel frosting --- delicious!
The next night we had Mexican out with Fred's family - always a good time! Unfortunately I had to leave the table to change the baby and that gave them time to tell the waitress it was my birthday. I'm sure the pictures of me wearing a sombrero are terrible. :{
I was spoiled again - clothes, mittens(!) & a DELUXE cribbage board (I just learned how to play a few weeks ago, but I need to practice a lot if I'm ever going to beat mom & Grammee. I'm going to teach my family so I have someone I can beat!) I also got a fun new video flip camera - as soon as I figure it out I'll be able to post videos of Tad. He's getting to a very fun, active age and it'll be nice to record the things that make us laugh- as well as share video with mom while she's back east.
I laughed when I realized that Fred made me Italian food, we had Mexican with his family, and I requested Chinese for my family dinner. I guess I don't really have a favorite type of food huh?
Unfortunately because of Fred's work schedule we had to postpone dinner with my family for a week, but that's not a completely bad thing, I can drag out the birthday treats for awhile! :} (My poor diet!)

No comments: