Wednesday, December 1, 2010

T is for ...

Thanksgiving, Taking pictures, Tangled, Temperatures, and Toddler appointments.
THANKSGIVING= We spent Thanksgiving at Gram's with Fred's family. It was a small turnout, but nice. We stopped for a quick visit (and an extra slice of pie) at my parents'. Tad was exhausted because he wouldn't take a nap earlier. He slept about 15 minutes as we drove from one house to another. He loved playing with cousins all day.
TAKING Pictures= We only take family pictures every other year. I had hoped to do them outside, but I finally conceded that it was too cold after our mini-blizzard. We'll have to photoshop a couple of things- overall they turned out great!

The family
The girls
The boys
My siblings.
Mom & Dad
Our little fam.
Nashaela & Paul
Janae's Family.
Christopher's Family.
Afterwards we ate leftovers and played games at my parent's.
TANGLED = Saturday we took Tad to his first movie theatre! The prices are ridiculous!!! Other than that it was a delightful experience. He loved the horse in the movie and was happy to sit in his booster seat and snack on his goldfish. Fred took him for a short walk the one time he got restless. He also seemed to almost talk to the characters which was fun for Fred and I to watch.
Sunday Tad was a little fussy, we figured he was TEETHING. Lucky us! Monday night was rough! He woke up around 5am crying and the only thing that would calm him down was laying by his daddy. After a TEMPERATURE of 101 degrees and taking a nap with dad, he finally started acting better. Tuesday night he went down without any drugs and slept all night. (I did give in- for MY sanity and put him in my bed so I could get a little sleep. That was a mistake, he's a wiggly little guy and I didn't sleep well, even though he slept 10 hours.) He woke up chatty and has been fine all day!
He had his TODDLER dr's appointment today and was fantastic. He let the doctor check everything he needed to, he did fight a little when he tried to look in his mouth - he fights us too, so luckily he doesn't often put things in his mouth he shouldn't! He had to get 2 shots and didn't even whimper!!! He's 95+% for height & weight and the doctor is still expecting he'll be 6'4". I let him have a sucker after his shots, he sucked on it as we drove home, then grunted. When I turned around he handed me his sucker. (In my dreams he does that all the time instead of throwing it on the car seat.)

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

What a cute picture of a darn cute family!!! Your litte Tad is adorable!