Monday, December 20, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas

I know, it's been awhile. After Fred & I were sick, Tad got a REALLY bad cold. This kid never cries, but he sure cried a lot this week. I don't know how parents handle whiney kids-- I'd die! I guess it made me appreciate that we have a REALLY good kid.
So.... in the past few weeks we've put up our Christmas tree and saw the fun park lights. I really want to go to Temple Square to see the lights and the Zoo-lights. I doubt we'll make it before Christmas.
Funny story - After we got our Christmas tree, I saw Tad put one of my decorations shaped like a Christmas tree in the back of his dump truck. :} Amazing that a 1 1/2 year old can catch on like that!
Of course he had to stand on the stool when I wasn't. Doesn't he look so grown up?!
His favorite ornament is one of our family last year. He loves to point at it and say "daddy". He's been AWESOME at not taking the ornaments off the tree.

Daddy's buddy - one night when he was sick he cried for 30 minutes. The only time he paused was when he looked at our bed to see if that's where his daddy was. It's ridiculous how much he loves his daddy.
Tad LOVES lights! The other day we drove less than 1 mile and he said "Look" at least 10 times pointing to all the lights in the neighborhood!
Tad in his AWESOME geeky Christmas sweater. I actually really like it, Fred says it looks too Christmas-y. But, since it was the Sunday before Christmas Tad got to wear it - and then he was forced to stand infront of the tree for a picture? He'll love this picture when he's older right? :}
I doubt I'll have anything exciting to write before Christmas so HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. And Tads geeky sweater! What a grown up little man.