Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter fun & not so fun

First there was that "blizzard" we were supposed to have. It was a white out for a few minutes so I'll give the weather guy partial credit. The next day it was FREEZING! - but of course I bundled Tad up to go play anyways. We walked into the yard and he did fine while he was holding my hand, but when we got to the middle of the yard and I let go he wouldn't move. (See his finger pointing? His favorite word right now is "Look"- if you don't look, he'll turn your head for you!) He liked walking on the sidewalk a lot better and followed Daddy all the way down the street. He did fine until he tried to walk in the snow and face-planted it, then he was ready to go inside.
We went to see the Ogden lights- if you've never been, you should go! Tad LOVES lights and points them out when we're driving with some excited jabbers and pointing. It was fun that he's big enough to walk the whole way and we didn't have to keep lifting him in and out of a stroller.


Of course we're starting to get into the usual holiday parties. We had my family one early this year which was nice..... except I was sick. I thought it would pass but we left the party early and I thought I was going to die for 2 days! Gotta love the sickness that comes during winter months.
The worst part was..... it was Fred's birthday! He spent a couple of hours at my family party, then the rest of the evening on Tad duty and fending for himself. I was too sick to even sit on the couch to watch a movie with him. And of course, now Fred has it himself! I really hate how sickness travels back and forth, but I guess I'm just glad we don't get it at the same time!

Here's wishing all of you a HEALTHY winter!!!!

No comments: