Monday, November 22, 2010

First day of Nursery!

Sunday, Fred & I subbed in a primary class. I thought it would be too distracting to have Tad in with us so we asked if he could go to Nursery (he's technically not supposed to go until February). They agreed and off he went. I don't think he even looked back after he took the leader's hand and she said "let's find some toys". I have to say it was DELIGHTFUL to not have to entertain him in a confined area. I kept glancing at the door expecting them to bring him back (not that he's fussy, I just didn't know how he'd do for 2 full hours). When we went into singing time I peeked in the Nursery and he was sitting quietly at the table waiting for the lesson. After church I went to pick him up and he was still sitting quietly at the table having a snack- even nibbling on cheese, which he'll never do for me! He saw me and jibbered excitedly. They said he was very good and loved to sing "The Wise Man & The Foolish Man." I don't know where he learned the actions, we've only sung it once at home. They made a little hat with feathers saying things they are Thankful for. Tad hates things on his head, but I had to take a picture because I can't believe he's old enough for Nursery!!!

(He's not afraid to take anyone's hand, last week he took our neighbor's hand at church and walked off. He turned and looked at he me when I said "bye" then kept walking. When they passed the Senior Nursery he let go because he saw the toys. They told me where he was and a little while later when I went to check on him he was happily playing. We stayed for singing time then went back to the library with Daddy. I guess we're not going to have any problem getting him to go to Nursery!)

2 comments:

Seth & Kirie said...

Nursery?! Already?!

He is so stinkin' adorable.

janaebrice said...

With our kids, it was easy to have them go to Nursery when they are 16 to 17 months. But when they turned 18 months and were able to go in, they cried.

Hope he will continue to enjoy Nursery!