Monday, November 1, 2010

Drysdale (Halloween) Zoo

Tad was a Giraffe for Halloween! I have to say it is the easiest costume I've made yet (less than 5 hours!!!!) He can't even say "giraffe" but I found the material on sale a few months ago and thought it was adorable! This might be the last year I get to pick what he is, by next year he'll be talking and tell me right? (Fred says I get to decide until he moves out.... I'm sure that would go over well as a teenager.)
He tried to take the hat off every chance he got, but didn't mind the jumpsuit. He did finally leave the hood on for trick -or-treating.
I can't believe how much rain there was! Luckily, we only had a handful of friends to visit before going to Fred's parents' for Chili. (Nannie was Cindy-lou-hoo. Fred wore a "Nudist on strike" sign, and I found a halloween shirt for $2!) I was surprised how many trick-or-treaters they had.

On Halloween we dressed up a little more (I had planned to both nights, but was too lazy because of the rain). I pulled out my old Kangaroo costume, made Fred a badge that said "zookeeper" and off we went. My little sister borrowed my Octopus costume for work. My brother's little boy was a Cowboy.
Can you believe they're a year apart and my kid is almost as tall! We made individual pizzas at my mom's then my sister had made a fun Halloween game. It's like Apples to Apples, but all Halloween words. I like it a TON better than the actual game--- super FUN!
I guess eventually we'll have to start attending the "trunk-or-treats" but it really makes me miss walking between the houses, I think that was the funnest part - when else do you WANT to walk that much? :}

No comments: