Saturday, December 5, 2009

"I've had 28 years to prepare for this"

... this was Fred's response to my sister calling him an Old Foagie. It's true, Fred turned another year older yesterday, and I have 2 1/2 months to rub it in that he's old. :}
Unfortunately he had classes so he was up early. He did a little bit of homework when he got home, inbetween watching Tad play on the floor. I kept asking him what he wanted to do for his Birthday - finally he decided he wanted to make dinner together, go see Christmas lights in Ogden & watch his favorite Christmas movie.
We made a new Jambalaya recipe & put it in the crockpot.

Tad finally got to wear his new snow suit, he's growing so fast I was afraid it wouldn't fit him even though it's 6-9 months. The sleeves are slightly long, but he'd freak if his hands were covered anyway, so I just rolled them up. (He's trying to sit down in his marshmellow suit.)




We drove to Ogden to see lights. Tad did awesome and seemed to enjoy looking up at the trees while Fred & I froze!

Back at home, it was time for presents! I gave Fred a box set, seasons 1-4 of "How I met your Mother". Then we ate our delicious Jambalaya. I was stuffed after the first bowl, but had to go back for more. I really shouldn't have- it was painful being overstuffed! We watched "It's a Wonderful Life" while we ate. We watch it every year, surprisingly it's getting better for me each year. A birthday wouldn't be complete without dessert - no matter how stuffed you are! I combined Fred's favorites: Peanutbutter, chocolate & cheesecake. Overall a pretty mellow birthday, but a very "Fred" birthday and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Maur! Tad is getting so big! He is adorable. Especially in his little snow suit. I did start Colee on Rice Cereal at about 3 months. She stared baby food at 5 months and she loves it! She started veggies first and now she is eating fruit too. I would start a new veggie every weekend so I could watch for allergies. She now eats fruit for breakfast with a bottle, rice cereal and a bottle for lunch, and veggies and a bottle for dinner. Sorry this is so long! Hope that helps! He is so dang cute! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTY!!

Becky Knowles said...

sounds like a GREAT birthday. Little Tad is getting so big and is so SO cute. Happy Birthday Fred!

Christen said...

Happy Bday Fred. Sounds like you had a nice day. Tad is so adorable. Oh and that cheesecake sounds like heaven.