Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thank goodness for generous people!

I got a call from my sister-in-law last week asking if we wanted a swing set?  Is it free?  OF COURSE WE DO!!!!  Her friends wanted it gone so they could plant a garden.  Saturday we went to pick it up. 
Fred & my brother lifted it without taking it apart (except for the slide), loaded it on a trailer and within an hour we had a new swingset in our yard! 
We had stuff going on so we didn't get a chance to let Tad play on it until Sunday afternoon-  I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted to see what he thought?  He loves the basket swing and kept climbing on that. 

He also loved the slide (we haven't hooked it back on yet).  First thing he did was try to climb up it (Thanks Aunt Crystal for teaching him that!)  Then Fred showed him how to climb up the ladder.  By the 3rd time he can climb up by himself and get situated to go down the slide. 

And, just as I predicted, the tantrums when we make him come inside have already started.  :{  
But for FREE- so worth it!  I'm so glad she thought to ask if we wanted it, and SUPER glad the people only charged us the removal of it! 
Of course it only makes me want Spring to hurry faster!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!!