Monday, March 14, 2011

Bye, Bye Baby stuff!

Fred & I have been working hard to pack away all of Tad's baby stuff!  Yeah!    Then Tad finally got his new bed set up!  (Just the mattress for now.)
He did pretty good the first night.  We only had to lay him back down 3x (and he fell asleep after I realized I hadn't given him a blanket he normally sleeps with.)  The second night we ended up sitting in his room to keep him laying down.  And the 3rd night he would come to the door but wouldn't come out.  We had to tell him 3x to go lay back down and then he was out!  Overall, it's been pretty good.   I wish he would learn that when he's tired he can just go lay down.   He'll get it eventually.   :}  
Sundays are still rough.  He doesn't get a nap because church is later.  This is the first time I've ever seen him fall asleep in his seat.  We tried clapping and splashed a little water- not even a flinch.  Luckily he'd eaten most of his dinner so we just put him in bed.   (The high chair also got moved - and eventually packed away.)
Snow day!  He hates to walk in the snow.  But he loves to play in the melting snow that drips off of the house.  He was soaked by the time I brought him in.
 
I doubt playing in the water caused it, but Tad ended up pretty sick this week.  He had the flu and an ear infection.  I'm SO grateful that Fred was willing to sleep on the couch and be woken up every couple of hours with coughing.  Even on a Z-pack it seemed to take awhile to get him better.  I think sick kids are the worst part of having a kid! 
Well, I'm off for P.T.......After months of dealing with a sore left shoulder, Fred convinced me to go to an Orthopedic to have it looked at.  The result:  Bursitus.  Aggressive icing, anti-inflamatory & Physical Therapy 3x a week.   (For those of you who don't know what Bursitus is: it's inflamation in your Bursa - the jelly sac in your shoulder that helps lubricate the joint.  It's buried under the rotator cuff.  So, PT is supposed to help strengthen the cuff and get everything to fit together better and pinching.)
And those are all the reasons I have not kept up on our blog! 

No comments: