Wednesday, September 22, 2010

State Fair withdrawls

Rodeos, the smell of greasy food, vendors, animals, exhibits, people watching, what's not to like?! It's not all play though. My sister works for 4-H and actually runs the 4-H building. I decided I needed some time out of the house so I worked for her- setting up, entering exhibits, judging day, displaying the exhibits, and finally watching the displays and telling people not to touch. Besides a little cash for Christmas I get a few free tickets- which are always spent on Fred's entry so we can go to the rodeo- 3 nights in a row! We love it!
This year was a little more fun to look at the animals. Tad didn't love them, but he'd let me help him pet them a little.
Then off to the rodeo with the family. He was gpa's buddy for part of the night.
The next night was cousins and friends with us at the rodeo. The guy holding Tad is.... Tad! :}

Each day we'd help him pet the animals (gross nose, I know!).
The last night of the rodeo was just us & my sisters, and I didn't get a good picture.
By the 3rd night of visiting the animals Tad was finally willing to pet a few of them on his own.

I enjoyed my time out part of the time, some of the days were really long, and a couple of days I didn't see Fred at all. It was a good reminder of how lucky I am to be at home. Tad got to hang out with his gma's & gpa's and has learned to say "gampa & gmama". I'm sure he was spoiled!
I was bummed to think we might be moved by next year's fair - but if we make it to our new state's fair I'll be sure to post pictures!

No comments: