Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Family Day!

We finally had a family day-- ALL day! I was going to make Fred take me for a canyon drive to see the changing leaves. Then I got a craving to go to the zoo - I think I'm addicted. I packed a lunch and we headed out.
Tad seemed to enjoy sitting outside to eat and did really well even though it was nap time. He was asleep within seconds of being loaded back in the truck.

I think sometimes Fred & I have more fun than he does. (Look how huge he is when I'm holding him! He's very tall.)

We enjoyed a nice drive through Emigration Canyon and East Canyon. I told Fred it was time to head home and he defiantly turned the opposite direction. We ended up in Park City and did a little shopping! Then enjoyed a third canyon, coming back through Parley's. I had planned to stop and take our usual Fall family picture, but Tad was asleep and I didn't see an "amazing" backdrop. Don't get me wrong, the leaves were pretty, I think they might need another week or two for more to change.

I make Fred drive up to see the leaves every year during the last week of September since that's when / where he proposed.

We ended the day with a nice family dinner and Daddy & Tad coming with me to ward volleyball (we're a challenged group- lost both games). Now that Tad is peacefully asleep it's time to catch up on some shows that Fred & I don't get to watch together.

Unfortunately, all the things we didn't accomplish today are on my mind. I already have plans to get up before 7am on Saturday to get things done. I think "A day to sleep in" might be on my Christmas wishlist.

No comments: