Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Is there blood?


Yep. We always joke that we'll be concerned about Tad's crying if there's blood. He's a little boy and he's walking on his own so we don't jump everytime we hear a crash and wimpering.
Over Labor Day we went to the Uintahs to go camping. It was BEAUTIFUL - but a little chilly. I was excited that 3 of my sisters were going with us. Tad loved being outside playing. Especially chasing the dogs and letting them lick him.
While he was in the camp trailer he was standing at the door -wishing to be outside. Wishing came to pushing and he pushed the door open and fell down the 2 steps. Fred and I were setting up our tent and heard "I knew that was going to happen." I looked over and saw Crystal picking Tad up. We finished putting up the tent and then I went to check on him. I jokingly asked if there was blood. Crystal said "Yes" and took the ice pack off of his head. He was done crying, so we let him play for a minute and then cleaned it. He doesn't even notice it's there unless I'm bandaging it.
When I took him to show Fred, I said "There really is blood." He continued to count the charcoal he was starting. Finally he looked up and chuckled.
Tad still had a good time playing outside and helping daddy cook dutch oven, sitting on the 4-wheeler, and going on a horseback ride.
Crystal, Nashaela & I went for a ride (to the Reservoir above), then Fred, Lauralee & Melissa took a ride. Fred & I took Tad on a short ride and he seemed to like it. He's been kind of scared of the horses and will pull his hand back if you try to get him to pet it. He did pet them a few times on his own. It's got to be their size because he'll chase the dogs all over.
The poor little guy was so tired he slept the whole (2-3 hours) home!
His head really does look better - everyone that sees it jokes it's child abuse. I figure he's doing REALLY well since he made it more than a year before getting an owie. He's all boy so I expect he'll get more, especially when he learns to run.

2 comments:

Seth & Kirie said...

Seriously, if more parents were like you and didn't freak out every time their kid got hurt, the world would be a better place. Parents don't let kids be kids. You kid is going to fall, they're going to bleed, and they will survive. I mean, how did I survive these last 24 years without hand sanitizer and being put in a bubble so I don't get hurt?! It's amazing, really ;)

The Blacks said...

Marcinda,
As I was blog stalking some people I know from Blanding (The Crofts) I came across your blog. This is Ronni Black from your mom's ward. It is a small world after all. Hopefull I will see you soon. Email me and I can link you to my bog. ronnibrinblack@hotmail.com