Thursday, September 24, 2009

Officially Tad James Drysdale

We wanted to bless Tad soon so that we could bbq in the backyard. We couldn't do it Labor Day weekend because Fred's parents were vacationing in Italy. We blessed him Sunday the 13th (also Aunt Lauralee's b-day). We spent the week cleaning the house and yard. (In between trips to the state fair!) It's so nice to have a clean house after 6 weeks of chaos. My family came to help us move tables and make some food. Aunt Sunny stopped by to see him for the first time as well as Nannie seeing him after her trip.
Fred & I met up with my family at the state fair rodeo. Tad was Cousin Corlan's buddy both nights we went.

I'm glad we didn't wait to bless Tad. He's already getting heavy & long. Plus, I think it's just wrong that new moms are expected to put on a dinner and have a perfectly cleaned house for family & friends to come over. :} It wasn't really that bad, but a little bit stressful to try to get things done with a baby (& visits to the State Fair & pack for a trip).

Fred did an awesome job blessing Tad and didn't sound nervous at all. I was very happy to have "the boy cousins" stand in the circle along with my Dad & brother & Fred's Uncle Steve & Cousin Billy.



We bbq'd at our house and enjoyed the slightly overcast day until it started raining.




Tad handled the day very well and all 3 of us took a nap that afternoon. :}
I had hoped to find a white western outfit. I found a western shirt but it went all the way to his knees. This is the first blessing outfit that Fred & I both liked and it worked out perfectly!

No comments: