Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We have a puppy.

Not really- but I do have a new way to get rid of the veggies I don't want to eat!   The other night during dinner we were having some of the frozen veggie mix that has lima beans, corn, carrots, peas and green beans.  I like everything but the lima beans, so I gave one to Tad.  :}  Fred looked at me and said "He's not a puppy."  Tad ate it, loved it, and wanted more!  I smirked at Fred and gave Tad the rest of the lima beans from my plate. 
We've had more family time lately and have had a relaxing time. Fred played a board game with me (because we really did have THAT much free time).  To keep Tad from playing with our game I got him out Connect Four and he played for quite awhile.  Unfortunately, he's obsessed with putting things IN random places (lids in the cupboard under the sink, his toothbrush in his potty- it was empty, his car in his sock drawer, his treat cup in my dresser, etc.) 
 We went to the arcade for a little while and let Tad "play" skeeball and "drive" the car races. 
 
We bought Tad a little kids' digital camera - so he'll leave mine alone!  It was on clearance at Bed, Bath, & Beyond- they had a ton if anyone wants one for their kids.  Tad sees it first thing in the morning and has to play with it most of the morning.  He can turn it on, take pictures of his shirt and a few random pictures of the wall.  His favorite thing is to just look through the pictures.  I've taken pictures of random things in the house and of course we need to fill it with pictures of relatives.  Unfortunately, the delete button is easy to work.  It's nice because it turns itself off after a few seconds too.  And Yes, so far he's left my camera alone!  

Fred decided as part of our family time to make homemade ice cream!   I was surprised that Tad loved putting the cold ice cubes in the ball.   While Fred and I were rolling the ball back and forth, Tad wanted to play part of the time, and when it came to eating the ice cream.... he ate a few bites, then cried because it was too cold.  Whenever he eats ice cream he gets a pained look on his face, but after a few minutes he'll come back for more!

                                      

No comments: