Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not so helpful things Tad has learned to do:

* Push the cutting board in. (Luckily only a spoon was on it.)
* Turn the water outside up / down - this is especially not helpful when you are walking across the lawn to see if it's reaching everywhere you need it to.
* Taking the teeth railings off of his crib (so he doesn't leave teeth marks in the wood). The first time he dropped one of these I was downstairs and just about had a heartattack thinking he'd fallen out of his crib.
* Turning his sippy cup upside down to chew on the bottom. He's learned if he pushes the "no-spill" tip against his tray water comes out and he can play in it while also soaking his cheerios.
* Put things in containers: he started by putting his washrag in a plastic cup during bathtime. I thought that was cute. Then he started putting his burp cloth in the garbage, and his favorite spoon that he chews on in the kitchen garbage can. (I'd been watching to see where he put it because he'd lost his blue one. I did find his blue one after a week- in the utensil drawer.)
I spend a lot of time telling him "No". He doesn't say it yet, just smiles and shakes his head back at us.
Fred watched him the other day go into our room towards the plug. He walked half way there, turned to see if he was being watched, walked a little further, looked again. He got to the plug with both hands on the wall, looked back towards the door then reached for it. What one year old knows to check the door that many times?
This morning I wouldn't let him in our room because Fred was sleeping. I closed the door behind me and he fussed for a second then went in his room and shut the door. (If you knock he'll open it and say "hello"!)
He is a funny, funny kid.

1 comment:

Becky Knowles said...

I love that he opens the door and says hello when you knock. How cute is that?!?!? I definitely need to meet this kid next time we are in town.