Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthday pictures have arrived!!!!!


I made Tad a Tiger cake for him to tear into. While I was frosting it earlier in the day he wanted to keep touching it. When it was finally time to play in it, he didn't really want anything to do with it. He barely touched it.
We wanted to keep the party simple since he's one and won't remember any of it. We cooked dutch oven potatoes (that were amazing) and bbq pork sandwiches, corn, watermelon, fresh garden veggies, and oatmeal cake with raspberry, peach or apple fruit topping.

We've trained him not to play with his food, this picture looks like he's asking permission.


Fred smeared some on his face so he'd taste it and he made his gagging face then tried to get it out of his mouth.

Cousin Kaysen (1 yr & 1 day older) came to get a cupcake (I gave it to him, he didn't steal it).

Daddy trying to get him to play in it.
Finally, with A LOT of encouragement he dug in.

And had a grand time, but I don't think he even tasted any of the cake. I'd made oatmeal cake thinking it was a good baby flavor, but my kid still HATES texture.


Kaysen came back to try the chocolate frosting.

Finally, after what seemed like forever (to mom) he seemed to enjoy playing in the cake.
I wasn't worried about his clothes, but I sure didn't want to pick him up. So, we did what every good parent does and turned the hose on our kid! :}

Party goers expressed their concern, but look close at this kid's face. It was worth playing in the icky cake just for the hose at the end!



By the time I'd gone inside to get a towel to carry him inside, he'd been stripped of his wet clothes. Into some warm jammies and it was time for presents!
He was spoiled like usual. A new sprinkler that spins to play in and a swing for the tree. Plenty of clothes, books, a sand dump truck, a fun spikey ball, a riding dump truck, and a sports toy.


I have to say THANK YOU dear family & friends for not giving him any annoying toys. :}
Daddy tried to give him some ice cream. I think he ate about 2 bites and looked like he was in pain both times.

Don't anyone turn us into Family Services, he LOVED the hose!

1 comment:

Seth & Kirie said...

Bwahahahahahahaha! I love that hosed down your child :)

If more parents hosed down their children nowadays, there'd be a lot less douche bag teens running around!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAD! I can't believe he is already a year old. Geeze.