Friday, August 6, 2010

As much fun as the zoo was....

we don't need to pay for entertainment with this kid!
We took Tad to the zoo Thursday to celebrate his birthday (it's on Saturday, but we figured it would be less hectic if we went earlier). I wasn't sure he was going to enjoy it after he didn't respond to the first few animals, he was more entertained by the other kids around. Finally, we got to the elephant and when it moved he said "oh". After that he started talking to each of the animals we saw. We were there around feeding time so Tad got to see a couple of the animals up close. My favorite animals are the big ones, but Tad enjoyed any exhibit with a ledge he could walk along.
We also fed him ice cream for the first time. He looks likes like he's in pain, he really did like it.
So, the entertainment we didn't have to pay for was in our back yard. Fred & I were doing yard work so we could have family over for his birthday dinner. I turned on the hose to wash off a table and Tad climbed under the water pouring off of it. I left the hose while I went to do something and came back to see him getting a drink. He kept splashing his face and loved it! Fred thinks he's going to grow gills anyday!

1 comment:

Becky Knowles said...

Can you believe he's ONE?!!?!! Happy Birthday little dude. I love the hose pictures.