Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baby's first pair of boots...


That’s right! Our little unborn critter already has their first pair of boots!

I spent the weekend at a 4-H conference in Brigham City and found them at the silent auction. Of course I had to bid on them and won! They’re crocheted so they’ll be perfect during the baby stage until we buy real ones for learning to walk in. :}
I love little conferences- depending on what the workshops are. First I went to a workshop on how to make a Toothbrush rug with Nashaela & Lauralee. It was fun to spend a little time bonding with them and the rugs are cheap to make (Walmart sheets- $5 & a whittled toothbrush).
The 2nd day I gave a workshop on Diversity – if anyone needs activities to teach kids about accepting others I have a big file.
I also took 2 workshops on Royal Icing Flowers. It was fun, but I am definitely not an expert … yet! Here are my first attempts.
The other workshop that I was interested in was on Quilling (I’m adding a Quilling tool to my “Craft Tool Wish List”.) Overall, an entertaining 2 days off of work learning new fun things.

1 comment:

janaebrice said...

Can we ask you to decorate cakes for us now? Great flowers!

What is the Toothbrush rug?

What kind of Quilling tool are you looking for? I know there are many Quilling tools out on the market.

We love you, Janae and family