Saturday, December 10, 2011

I help you.

We have the MOST helpful 2 year old on our hands.   He's a pretty good kid, but I don't really need help doing EVERYTHING.   "Mommy, Mommy, I eed you help" is the phrase of the day!  or he'll find me and say "I help you". 
He helped daddy open his birthday presents.   A new fire pit for the backyard.  We celebrated all weekend.  Friday was with his parents for Grandpa's soup, per Fred's request.  Saturday, we went bowling with some friends from Fred's work. Sunday, we enjoyed dinner and spice cake with my family.   Finally, we celebrated with our little family on Monday.   We ended up trying a new Mexican restaurant (excellent chips!) and the dollar theatre for "Johnny English Reborn" (fun movie, and clean!).
Tad has been helping around the house.  He washed his truck windows.  :}   
 Helped mommy fold socks.   Whenever I fold laundry he takes the socks and folds one on the top of each of the piles I have on the couch. 
 Then when I do actually fold the socks we use his dump truck to put them away.  I load up one person's socks at a time and he takes them to the correct room and dumps them in front of the dresser.  
 After putting up lights outside and having Tad be ENTIRELY too helpful as we were sorting lights, I wondered about having him at home to put up our tree.   First we picked out our tree.  This is the first time we've gone during the day.  It was warm enough we made it all the way to the back of the lot and found the perfect tree for a good price. 
 Tad ran to help dad carry the tree to the truck. 
 While I put the lights on, Tad was surprisingly good.  He would hand me lights and I'd let him plug in the next set.  A couple of times he'd take a strand of lights and stand on the step stool and call for daddy.  "Daddy, I eed you help with Christmas lights".  (He is talking in pretty clear sentences and we love it!)
Ornaments..... if we would have left them up to Tad would have been tucked away in the inside of the tree. 
I have to say I'm a genius.   We have bell ornaments that I usually only put one or two on.   As I was vacuuming our mess, I bumped one and thought that would be a perfect way to "booby-trap" the tree.   We put the whole set around the bottom branches and about as tall as Tad is so that when he touches the tree, I'll hear the bells.   :}
Unfortunately, I don't trust Tad enough to put presents under the tree, even though we had a talk about if he touches presents "I get in trouble, go time out."   Sad that I love to hear him say this.  :} 

No comments: