Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What to do without Daddy

Fred had to fly out of town for the weekend.  It was a busy week before he left and seemed even busier with him gone.  But we made the most of it.   I raked the leaves for Tad to play in.  I found out I'm too compulsive to do this without Fred.   I made a big pile and all Tad wanted to do was walk through them, dragging the leaves out of the pile.  (see the 3 lines to the left)  When Fred helps us play I don't feel as much of a need to keep raking them up!   While we were outside I had told Tad that daddy was on an airplane.   When a plane went over he looked up and yelled "Daddy, can you hear me?!"  :}    
I made a dinosaur costume for him this year.  He did much better at keeping the hat on.  

Friday, we went to visit Aunt Crystal at work for her Halloween party.  
Friday night I had a Mommy/Daughter Activity Days Party.  We had soup and bread bowls.   I was a little stressed, but it turned out great.   We even had 16 girls show up!!!  
The next morning we got up early, picked up Aunt Lauralee & Crystal and headed to the zoo to trick or treat.   The place was packed!   We skipped a lot of the lines that just had candy since Tad's not old enough to care.   Would I do it again?   Probably not- it was too crowded and the lines were long.   
The train came while I was trying to take this picture of Tad. :}  


"Proof" we were there on probably the craziest day at the zoo. 

Finally, we headed to the airport to pick up Daddy!    Tad was a little hyper and ran around in circles while we waited.  He loved watching the bag carousels.   And spotted Daddy right away!  

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I appreciate that you posted my proof!