Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cousin Fun

 I found this random place (Gilgal) to visit in Salt Lake.  The description said it was a garden with LDS related statues.  Not exactly what I had in mind, but it was free and kind of interesting. 

Then we went to Red Butte Gardens.  None of us had ever been there, but I'd like to go again, this time without Tad so I can take time to actually look at all the plants.  If you're into plants or want a nice nature walk, this would make a great date! 
We took a picnic lunch and enjoyed their shady tables.  Then started around the trail.  There were lots of cool plants and they're all labeled.  The favorite part for the kids was obviously the Children's Garden. 

 There was a cool snake maze that ends at the snakes mouth with a fountain.  Tad was drenched from standing too close. 
 Tad hurried over to the snakes spraying water.  I'm not really sure why he thought putting his shoe in first was a good idea...... but he loved it. 

No comments: