Wednesday, February 23, 2011

29 for the rest of my life

29.... That's how old you stay for the rest of your life right?  Good thing we spent the whole long weekend celebrating!  

It started Thursday - Fred's been wanting to take the snowmobiles out.  I think it's been a few years because of Tad & schooling.  Tad would run away when Fred started them because they were loud.  When we tried to put him on one he cried.  (When dad sat with him he was fine.)  Gma watched Tad while Fred & I went to Monte Cristo to play.  It was a gorgeous day and it was nice to be out. 
Friday was my actual birthday.  Daddy took Tad with him shopping for my birthday present and I had 2 glorious hours of peaceful scrapbooking!  When they got home it was time to bake a cake.  Tad loves to stand on a chair to help.  Evidently he already knows you need to taste things throughout the whole process. 
I've decided I don't have a favorite flavor- I just like to try a new flavor each year.  This year was Strawberry.
While the cake baked, Tad was supposed to take a nap - he refused.  I wanted to take him to the pool to play, so I let him get away with it.
He loved the water and all the kids.  Fred & I are pansies.  The water was freezing! And I hate the kid area where they constantly have water spraying or dripping.  It was fun to watch Tad but we lasted only an hour or less. 
Fred & I went out for some great Mexian at La Puente for dinner and had cake and ice cream with Tad.
Saturday I went out shopping with my sisters.  Then they went bowling with us.  It was Tad's first time and of course he wanted to follow the ball down the lane.  It was league day and they warned us we might get kicked off.  On frame 6 of our second game we got kicked off - but they gave us coupons for a free game---- good deal!!!
Aunt Lauralee helping Tad
The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with Daddy.  Maybe the best part of the whole weekend is that Fred finished putting the new engine in my car!   Yippeee!!! And can I just say he's a genius?!  There was another part that would have cost $400 for the shop to replace- we got the part from a junkyard and he put it in himself for a grand total of $37!
The final excitement of the weekend was Tad's new trick.... I couldn't find him, because he's learned to climb in the tub by himself. 
Weird that all the things I wanted to do for my birthday were things that I thought would be fun for Tad---- and at the same time the best gift was time to myself.  Looks like I'll be spending the next year STILL trying to find a balance. 

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!