Monday, January 19, 2009

5 Worst things about being pregnant...

I've decided that being pregnant is someone's idea of a sick joke!
1) It makes me sick to eat, but if I don't eat I'm sick.
2) When I'm cold my tummy tenses, making me a little sick, but the heater on makes me completely nauseous.
3) I like to cuddle to watch movies or TV, but having Fred near me makes me claustrophobic.
4) They tell you to get plenty of sleep, then you have to pee at least twice during the night. (It's almost impossible for me to fall back to sleep at 3:30am- at least Fred has started waking up with me to at least aknowledge my discomfort.)
5) People who never talked to you before go out of their way to ask you how you're feeling. I know you've all experienced/ noticed this in church or neighborhoods, as soon as you have a kid it's like you're welcomed into "the group". You didn't talk to me before, don't talk to me now! :}

2 comments:

Becky Knowles said...

You just listed the 5 reasons I keep telling myself I'm not having any more children. The sad thing is that I probably will anyway because as SUCKY as it is, the kids are so so worth it.....most of the time. :)

Christen said...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are excited for you. And I do have to say kudo's to Fred for acknowledging you for being sick. Noah never woke up or said anything to make me feel better. Even the day we went in to have our second he said to me "to the bitter end" as I was throwing up. Nice. And I totally agree that having kids makes people think you are "more important" now. What a bunch of bull, just wait 'til they comment on your belly being as big as a house or ask if you are having twins. Women have been pregnant before, yet they make stupid remarks like those. Anyways, CONGRATS and I hope the morning sickness goes away, mine never did.