Tuesday, October 1, 2013

This is what took over our lives....


I hate being prego.  No offense little one on the way.  
Whoever says being pregnant is the best they've ever felt is CRAZY!  I was sick for about 4 1/2 months with the first one.  The morning sickness started with that one at 6 weeks while on a cruise - I don't plan to ever go on a cruise again.  This one started at 4 weeks.  It's been miserable!
I stopped eating dairy for 2 months to reduce the hurling.   I couldn't tolerate water or pretty much any liquid.  I lived on fruit and snowcones to feel hydrated through a very hot summer.   Finally at 17 weeks it felt like the "fever broke".  Really, pregnancy to me feels like the longest case of the flu.  I can eat dairy and drink water again but I still feel nauseous every day, even at 21 weeks. 

Tad is convinced it's a baby brother.  A promise of a bunk bed is probably the motivation behind that.  :}  Fred and I have been tempted to find out what we are having, but so far we're sticking it out.   I feel so sick that I like the baby better when I don't know what it is, instead of starting to curse it before it gets here.  It's just been Tad, Fred & I for so long that it's really hard for me to picture another child in our family.  I'm sure Tad will be a great big brother and old enough to be helpful!

Fred and Tad have really been troopers.  I HATE feeling bedridden, I feel lazy not being able to do everything I used to do in one day.   It has been a lot of fun to watch Fred and Tad become best buddies.  And Tad has grown a lot in the past few months - very independent!  Now that I'm starting to feel human again, I'll try to catch up posts on what's been happening in the past few months for us.... besides me being a grumpy prego lady!   

No comments: