Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend of Firsts.

mOTHER'S dAY weekend.

Saturday was super busy! I ran to pick up our Bountiful Basket and of course, because I was in a hurry, they were running late. Fred was supposed to meet for a work picture at 8am in SLC - we didn't make it, we barely left our house at 8am. By the time I sped to SL they had closed the roads because the Race for the Cure was just starting. He had to jog the last few blocks to even start the race. Things worked out well because there was a parking spot right where they made me turn. (Did I mention in my speeding I ran a red light, infront of 3 cops?- no, I didn't get a ticket.) I unloaded Tad and we tried to watch for Fred. There were MASSIVE amounts of people and we never saw him. Even though we tried 3 different places. We met up at after-race party so I could finally get a picture of him.  

Tad was too distracted by all the people!


Then we hit the zoo!   We got there right in time for the bird show.  Tad seemed to enjoy the birds (next time we'll have to sit closer).  We stopped to eat our picnic lunch.  Everyone sitting around us had zoo food.  Each one said how good their burger was or how surprisingly good the pizza was - one day we'll save up a little $ and splurge on zoo food.  For now, Tad loved his pb&J!
Fred had planned for Easter weekend to visit This is The Place Heritage Park, but they were having their baby animals day and admission was more.  We decided to pack it into our SLC day.  We rode their little train and visited a few old farm houses and buildings, and of course the animals!


Fred tried to teach Tad to push a wheelbarrow.  He can almost do it!


Tad's favorite part was probably letting the goats lick his finger.  He'd get close, then giggle and back away.   We'll have to go again when we have more time to spend.  By the end of what we did see, he was tired - asleep before we got to the freeway!  
The day wasn't over though!   Tad transfered well (also a first) to his bed and continued his nap.   He got to watch his first Kentucky Derby - he loves horses.  Then we were off to a baptism for 2 of my activity day girls.  One of the older girls took Tad up front to watch (his first baptism) by the water.  When she brought him back he kept pulling on Fred's hand to go back up there.  We stopped by their open house to visit for awhile and ended up staying so long we were overloaded by sugar and starving!  I love $5 pizza on days like these.  
And as for my first..... I got my first sunburn of the year!  Also, it was the first year I didn't see either of my moms on mOTHER's dAY.  My mom is cruising in Alaska and Fred's mom is working in NY. 
Mother's day itself wasn't too exciting, but I did get a card written by Fred & colored by Tad- the BEST kind!

No comments: