Monday, October 13, 2008

Cold October Weekend

This post isn't a rant, it's more of a brag of how great our life is, even if it is busy!

Friday night: A Scentsy Party at Charlee's - It was fun to smell the dozens of different candle scents, but when I walked outside it felt like I was still smelling them! I love the cinnamon spicy smells in the house during Christmas!

(Pierce helping Nannie smell the candles)

Saturday morning:

* Breakfast with the In-Laws at Denny's - it's a weekly tradition that we love. It's fun to catch up with how everyone's week went and what's coming up. We don't get a chance to go very often because of Fred's work schedule, but I love chatting with the family.

* Ogden Temple trip with the Hubby. It's always nice to go inside and enjoy a distraction from the world. I had been stressed before we went, it was nice to go even for 30 minutes to work on some family names. Within 2 hours of arriving home everything I had been stressed about worked itself out!

* We picked Grapes in the FREEZING cold rain trying to get them all in before it snowed. It was a good thing because it snowed that night!




* Made 9 bottles of Grape Juice while Fred slept. Fred really enjoys the White grape juice. I like the darker grapes. I can't believe how many grapes we got! This is the first year that we've trimmed the vines back like you're supposed to and we thought maybe we had trimmed them too much for them to grow this year. We're excited about all the food storage we've been able to work on this year!

My mom found a great recipe for Lime Rickey's that I can't wait to take to parties using our fresh grape juice!

* Charlee, Jeremy, Pierce & Kolbee came over for a soup dinner! I can't believe we live so close to them and never take the time to do stuff together, but I know between Charlee's schedule, Fred's schedule we don't get a chance. We had so much fun having them over though I'm going to try to plan something at least every other month with them.

(Pierce thought the grapes were good enough to eat by the handful!)



Sunday Morning:

* Our Nephew Kaysen Abram Lyons was blessed in Church.

Family dinners are awesome! I ate way more than I should have! There was a pretty good turn out even in the snow.
He's finally starting to chub up a little & he loved smiling at Uncle Fred he even laughed at him!



* Finally, we drove to Heber to visit Rachel, Paul, Katie & Matthew for a hike in the beautiful fall colors!



We always have a good time hanging out with them. It was snowing at our house, but the weather cleared as we drove and by the time we got to Heber there wasn't any snow on the ground. It was slightly chilly, but as we hiked it warmed up really fast. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon watching the kids run with the dogs & chatting with Rachel & Paul.
We had some salsa & lemon bars back at the house while we played a new game "Would You Rather..." We didn't get a chance to watch the movie we planned to, but we'll have to make another evening out of it! I love how our pictures turned out and I can't wait to get them scrapbooked!

I took Monday off and it's been so nice to relax---- kind of!
We slept in & Fred made omeletts for breakfast. I made more grape juice while he went to class. Now he's waiting--- Not so patiently for me to finish this so we can go to a movie!
It's been so nice to be home for a day with him- even if he is a little "pestly"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My god those are some good looking friends you've got!!